De-rusting and phosphating of metal parts and components | Specialist blasting and cleaning services for delicate and fragile parts | Unique chemical stripping and cleaning services for Aluminium components | Epoxy primer coatings | Powder coating of chassis and components etc
Our process is as follows:
- Parts and shells are inspected with the customer upon receipt. All Items are listed and photographed for your records as well as ours.
- The parts are manually loaded into our over, where they are gently baked for the required length of time. The oven gently “overbakes” any paint and applied coatings, e.g. underseal & filler, unitil only a light “dust” or ash remains.
- The parts are rinsed with a high pressure water wash to remove any remaining contamination.
- The bare steel parts are now loaded into our unique cleaning and de-rusting solution, this gently removes any corrosion from the metal without attacking any sound steel surfaces.
- Following the de-rust stage, the parts are rinsed with a hot phosphate solution, removing any final contamination from the parts and providing a temporary inhibited surface, stopping the formation of any flash rust until the parts are dried.
- The parts and shell are then immersed in our unique neutralising tank. This process ensures that any remaining corrosion products and chemicals are removed from the metal surface.
- The parts are then force dried in an oven for around 30 minutes. This ensures no fluid is trapped behind panels and in chassis legs etc.
- A specialist electrostatic epoxy primer is then applied which is baked on at 190 degrees. This gives a very tough durable coating which will protect the shell and parts without any further coating required until you are ready to put the parts into paint.